Black Harvest Film Festival 2018
August 4 - 30, 2018
Coming in August: the 2018 Black Harvest Film Festival, the Gene Siskel Film Center's annual showcase for independent films that tell the stories and explore the images, heritage, and history of the worldwide Black experience.
Download a PDF of the festival schedule — full details coming to this page soon!
- Enjoy a wealth of feature-length and short films, all Chicago premieres, with a special emphasis on made-in-Chicago productions.
- Look forward to new fiction features, including the contemporary romance ONE BEDROOM, the gory farce PIECES OF DAVID, and the black-sheep brother comedy THEN THERE WAS JOE; and new documentaries, including ALI & CAVETT: THE TALE OF THE TAPES, Englewood-set THE AREA, Betty Davis bio BETTY: THEY SAY I'M DIFFERENT, and raunchy look at male strippers THIS ONE'S FOR THE LADIES; plus our popular shorts programs, including Love African American Style and Women of Color.
- Meet and engage filmmakers in vibrant audience discussion.
- Learn from the experts how to get your own production off the ground at our informative panel, "Action! The Real Deal About Filmmaking."
- Be part of our exciting opening night on Saturday, August 4, when filmmakers and VIPs gather to celebrate the awarding of the Deloris Jordan Award for Excellence in Community Leadership to Maséqua Myers and Pemon Rami — followed by four short films and a reception.
Tickets and festival passes available at our box office starting July 20.
Black Harvest Presents GET OUT at the Millennium Park Summer Film Series
BEST OF BLACK HARVEST IN THE CHICAGO PUBLIC LIBRARY
ABOUT THE BLACK HARVEST FILM FESTIVAL
Each year since 1994, the Gene Siskel Film Center has presented the Annual Black Harvest Film Festival, a vibrant celebration of independent films that tell the stories and explore the images, heritage, and history of the worldwide Black experience. Explore programs from past years of the festival below, or check the Black Harvest Presents page for year-round programming in the spirit of the festival.