Last year we celebrated 25 years of the Black Harvest Film Festival and told you it wasn’t going anywhere. Well, we spoke too soon--this year it’s going everywhere! The 26th annual BHFF will be fully-online, and all of our content will be available to stream from the comfort--and safety--of your home, wherever you are!
Our Opening Night film(s) will premiere on Friday, November 6, and the festival will run through November 30. Shorts and features that celebrate the full range of the Black experience will premiere throughout the month and will remain available to watch through the end of the fest.
New features for the 2020 Black Harvest Film Festival:
• Streaming of festival films and discussions throughout November
• Virtual conversations with filmmakers, film talent, and other special guests
• Virtual film industry panel discussions
• Virtual film industry networking opportunities
All the bells and whistles will be listed on the Film Center's website:
• Festival schedule, program descriptions, and film stills
• Film and video source information
• Detailed information about panel discussions
• Spotlight on select Black-owned businesses and special offers
• Announcement of the Richard and Ellen Sandor Family Black Harvest Film Festival 2020 Prize winner
As the Midwest’s largest Black film festival, the Gene Siskel Film Center has been proud to amplify Black voices, celebrate Black filmmakers and bring the community together to share Black stories from Africa and the African diaspora for over 25 years.
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES AND THE FULL FESTIVAL SCHEDULE!
Sponsors as of August 12, 2020
IL Arts Council