Last updated: January 3, 2022
We care deeply about the well-being and safety of our audiences and staff. With the recent rise of COVID-19 cases, we continue to require proof of full vaccination* or a negative result on a COVID PCR test for all screenings and events at the Film Center for all guests five years of age and up.
We know it can be hard to enjoy a movie without knowing the status of the folks sitting close to you. Our hope is that these procedures allow you to relax and view our films in the way they’re meant to be seen--with your undivided attention to the screen.
You will need a valid photo ID and one of the following items to gain entry to the Film Center:
- Physical vaccination card
- A legible photo, copy, or scan of your card; an image on your phone will be acceptable provided that it is legible
- Proof of a negative result on a COVID PCR test conducted within 72 hours of the film or event start time
*Full vaccination means any vaccine for COVID-19 which has received full or emergency use approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series or a single dose from a one-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use by the FDA or WHO. You will need to show proof of vaccination status or a negative PCR test result as you enter the theater.
In addition, the Film Center will continue to implement the following safety protocols:
- In accordance with the Governor's recent Executive Order, all patrons and staff will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times while in the theater
We are also:
- Staggering showtimes and leaving ample time between shows to mitigate crowds
- Encouraging ticket pre-orders for films to reduce lines and guarantee seats
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable face masks for patrons
- Selling only 80% of our tickets to encourage social distancing
- Not selling any concessions nor permitting any eating or drinking in our theaters or lobby to help ensure patrons stay masked
The Film Center reserves the right to require patrons who do not follow these procedures to leave the theater immediately. As always, if you are feeling unwell for any reason, please stay home and stream films instead of joining us at the theater. If you are unable to comply with the protocols, we are happy to exchange your ticket for another time; just contact us at email@example.com to initiate an exchange.
In addition, please understand that while these procedures are intended to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19, there is nonetheless inherent risk to exposure in any indoor space where others are present. Those entering the theater do so at their own risk to such exposure. We appreciate your cooperation and support as we continue to navigate the ever-changing COVID landscape. See you at the movies!
--Your Friends at the Film Center