2018 CALL FOR ENTRIES
ENTRY DEADLINE: June 8, 2018
FESTIVAL DATES: August 4 – 30, 2018
Please choose your submission method below. Filmmakers submitting screeners on DVD should select the printable entry form; filmmakers submitting web preview links should select the online entry form.
The Black Harvest Film Festival is Chicago’s annual showcase for films that tell stories, raise questions, or touch on issues that relate to the African American, Black African, and African disaporic experience. We invite feature length or short films for consideration in the festival. If you have any additional questions, please contact Barbara Scharres at 312.846.2070 or email@example.com
- The deadline for entry is June 8, 2018. There is no entry fee.
- All entries must include a preview screener, a completed entry form, and a press kit or credit list. Screeners and materials will not be returned.
- Year of completion must be 2016 or later.
- Films MUST be Chicago premieres. Films that have had Chicago or suburban screenings prior to the festival are ineligible for the Black Harvest Film Festival.
- Foreign language films must be subtitled in English.
- Entries selected for the festival MUST be available for public exhibition in one of the following formats: DCP, HDCAM, DigiBeta, or Apple ProRes formatted digital file. DVD and Blu-ray discs will not be accepted for theatrical projection.
- All legal clearances including, but not limited to, talent, music, or stock footage are the responsibility of the filmmaker. The Gene Siskel Film Center reserves the right to utilize clips or stills from any film selected for the festival for publicity purposes.
BLACK HARVEST PRODUCTION GRANTS
ABOUT THE BLACK HARVEST FILM FESTIVAL
Each year since 1994, the Gene Siskel Film Center has presented the Annual Black Harvest Film Festival, a vibrant celebration of independent films that tell the stories and explore the images, heritage, and history of the worldwide Black experience. Explore programs from past years of the festival below, or check the Black Harvest Presents page for year-round programming in the spirit of the festival.