Gene Siskel Film Center is dedicated to creating a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment for all guests. Everyone has the right to enjoy our programs and activities free of harassment, threats, mistreatment, or discrimination. We reserve the right to revoke access to any of our activities for anyone who does not adhere to the organization’s code of conduct.
These policies apply to all guests of Gene Siskel Film Center’s organized events or forums including delegates, guests, staff, volunteers, and vendors. Press and other functionaries are held to the same standards. We are committed to creating conditions for equity.
Guests must arrive no later than 20 minutes to ensure entry into a screening.
Photo capture must be approved by GSFC staff.
GSFC is not responsible for any unattended property, including bags, purses, phones, etc. Suspicious items will be reported to SAIC Security.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
• Bullying, intimidation, stalking, or threats in person or online.
• The use of epithets, slurs, or negative stereotyping.
• Sustained disruption of events.
• Violence or assault of any kind.
• Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact.
• Physical intimidation or blocking.
• Unwelcome sexual attention, innuendo, or joking.
• Non-consensual production or distribution of harassing recordings.
• Comments or actions that minimize a person’s lived experience, identity, or safety.
• Deliberate outing, misgendering, refusal to respect someone’s gender identity or use of pre-transition names.
If a patron fails to follow these rules of civility, they will be escorted from the premises by a security officer. Depending on the severity of the offense, they may be banned indefinitely.