Want to watch all OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS PROGRAMS?
- BURROW - Madeline Sharafian and Michael Capbarat (USA, 6 min)
- GENIUS LOCI - Adrien Mérigeau and Amaury Ovise (France, 16 min)
- IF ANYTHING HAPPENS I LOVE YOU - Will McCormack and Michael Govier (USA, 12 min)
- OPERA - Erick Oh (USA, 9 min
- YES-PEOPLE - Gísli Darri Halldórsson and Arnar Gunnarsson (Iceland, 8 min)
Additional Oscar shortlisted films included in program:
- THE SNAIL AND THE WHALE - Daniel Snaddon, Max Lang (United Kingdom, Germany, 26 min.)
- KAPAEMAHU - Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu, Joe Wilson, Dean Hamer (USA, 7 min.)
- TO GERARD - Taylor Meacham (USA, 8 min.)
For the 16th consecutive year, ShortsTV and Magnolia Pictures present the Oscar-Nominated Short Films, opening on April 2nd. With all three categories offered – Animated, Live Action and Documentary – this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! A perennial hit with audiences around the country and the world, don’t miss this year’s selection of shorts. The Academy Awards take place Sunday, April 25th.
The Gene Siskel Film Center is proud to present films and programs that entertain, inform and challenge audiences. Based on lived experiences, the content we put on our screens may impact our individual audiences in different ways. To that end, when possible and appropriate, we include an online content consideration on film and program titles that may include potentially harmful content, depictions or themes. We encourage audiences to also inform themselves on the content of films and programs by reading synopses, watching trailers, and exploring film reviews. If you have questions, concerns or would like to provide feedback, please email Director of Programming Rebecca Fons (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you for being part of our effort to make all Film Center audiences feel safe and welcome in our spaces.
Please note that the OSCAR NOMINATED ANIMATED SHORTS program includes language and mature themes and may not be suitable for children. Specifically, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS addresses a school shooting, and GENIUS LOCI contains language and brief nudity.