Join us on Wednesday, April 14 at 6pm CT for an exclusive Facebook Live chat with select 2021 Oscar-nominated shorts filmmakers!
Guests include: Anthony Giacchino (COLETTE- Doc); Doug Roland (FEELING THROUGH - Live Action), and Ben Proudfoot (A CONCERTO IS A CONVERSATION - Doc)! More may be added.
For the 16th consecutive year, ShortsTV and Magnolia Pictures present the Oscar-Nominated Short Films, opening on April 2nd. With all three categories offered – Animated, Live Action and Documentary – this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! A perennial hit with audiences around the country and the world, don’t miss this year’s selection of shorts. The Academy Awards take place Sunday, April 25th.
This bundle includes all three shorts programs, outlined below:
- FEELING THROUGH - Doug Roland and Susan Ruzenski (USA, 19 min)
- THE LETTER ROOM - Elvira Lind and Sofia Sondervan (USA, 33 min)
- THE PRESENT - Farah Nabulsi (Palestine, 25 min)
- TWO DISTANT STRANGERS - Travon Free and Martin Desmond Roe (USA, 25 min)
- WHITE EYE - Tomer Shushan and Shira Hochman (Israel, 21 min)
- BURROW - Madeline Sharafian and Michael Capbarat (USA, 6 min)
- GENIUS LOCI - Adrien Mérigeau and Amaury Ovise (France, 16 min)
- IF ANYTHING HAPPENS I LOVE YOU - Will McCormack and Michael Govier (USA, 12 min)
- OPERA - Erick Oh (USA, 9 min
- YES-PEOPLE - Gísli Darri Halldórsson and Arnar Gunnarsson (Iceland, 8 min)
Additional Oscar shortlisted films included in program:
- THE SNAIL AND THE WHALE - Daniel Snaddon, Max Lang (United Kingdom, Germany, 26 min.)
- KAPAEMAHU - Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu, Joe Wilson, Dean Hamer (USA, 7 min.)
- TO GERARD - Taylor Meacham (USA, 8 min.)
- COLETTE - Anthony Giacchino and Alice Doyard (France/Germany/USA, 24 min)
- A CONCERTO IS A CONVERSATION - Ben Proudfoot and Kris Bowers (USA, 13 min)
- DO NOT SPLIT - Anders Hammer and Charlotte Cook (USA/Norway, 20 min)
- HUNGER WARD - Skye Fitzgerald and Michael Scheuerman (USA, 40 min)
- A LOVE SONG FOR LATASHA - Sophia Nahli Allison and Janice Duncan (USA, 18 min)